Everything NAIT does is focused on giving students the skills needed to build strong futures. With small class sizes and a commitment to hands-on, practical education, NAIT is able to provide students with the skills employers want. Industry is also a partner in all that NAIT does. NAIT provides solutions for organizations to become more competitive and sustainable. That’s why the work NAIT does matters. Our world is changing. It is more connected and more competitive than ever before. Advancements in technology are happening at a rapid and increasing pace. The solutions NAIT offers to its clients and partners help them navigate through and adapt to these changes.
Since its founding over 50 years ago, NAIT has consistently evolved to meet the needs of students and industry in a province that’s the engine of Canada’s economy.
Why Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- City/Culture: NAIT is located in Edmonton, the capital city of the province of Alberta in Canada, one of the healthiest countries in the world. People in Alberta earn the highest wages in the country and enjoy the most days of sun per year.
- Cost benefits: People in Alberta only pay 5% tax on consumer goods (saving money on things like books and groceries). Alberta is the only Canadian province with no provincial sales tax. International students in Alberta receive free health care.
- Facilities: NAIT offers on-demand fitness programs, student counselling, and diverse and inclusive campus support services to make sure students feel like part of the NAIT community.
- Hands-on experience: NAIT provides a hands-on, technology-based education that equips graduates with the skills and knowledge that employers want.
- Promise to students: NAIT provides a positive student experience that encompasses students’ mental, emotional and physical well-being and defines success broadly. NAIT prepares students to succeed in meaningful careers, find employment in their chosen field and have the skills necessary to have an immediate impact.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion: NAIT has adopted its first Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy to serve and empower its communities. NAIT is committed to fostering an environment where all people feel safe, valued and included. This commitment is rooted in NAIT's promises and values – the starting point of its journey to create meaningful change.
Cost and Duration
Application fee: $150 CAD
Average undergraduate program: 2 years
Cost of living: $13,213.00 CAD / Year*
Gross tuition: $20,876.04 CAD / Year*
Average Time to Receive Letter of Acceptance
September - December: 31+ days
Top Study Program
🩺 Health Sciences
👩🏻💻 Engineering and Technology
👩🏻💼 Business and Management
- Academic Transcript Semester 1 - 5
- Admission Information Form